Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pregnancy Pros and Cons

As of today, I'm 35 weeks along. With only 5 weeks until my guess date, my anticipation is growing along with the strength of my contractions, and my desire to get the house ready is surmounting. We have decided where we're going to put the baby's room and have plans to get it all set up this weekend. I have been organizing as much as possible, but the majority of it will have to wait until we get our rooms switched around. Part of me wishes that I could just move the furniture myself, but I know that would be highly unwise. Lately I've noticed that the more activity I do, the stronger my contractions get, and I don't want him to come just yet. He needs to stay in there for at least a couple more weeks.

Over the last couple of days, I've reminisced on the past 35 weeks. I came up with a list of pros and cons of my pregnancy.

Pros:
- Feeling the baby kick
- Having my husband touch my belly
- The feeling of empowerment; I have a little person growing inside of me!
- Only getting sick twice. I HATE throwing up, so I'm very grateful that the Lord blessed me with a very limited experience in actually getting sick.
- Being able to stay home during my entire pregnancy
- Having more of a desire to learn how to cook, bake and keep my house clean
- Having a wonderful husband who has supported me throughout the pregnancy and will be a great dad :-)
- Cravings have been fun. Most have centered around cheese, chicken and chocolate. Yum!
- Baby Showers!
- Love and support from family and friends

Cons:
- Sore hips
- More heartburn than I'd like
- A big belly that gets in the way (at least the 'big' part only lasts a couple of months)
- Having to use the bathroom A LOT!
- Being nauseous & tired my first trimester
- Not having as much money as we had when I was working, but we're slowly but surely getting used to living on one income.

The Lord has truly blessed us with a great experience in pregnancy so far, and for that I am grateful.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Look at that. The pro's list is longer than the con's!! That says a lot. Keep it up girl. It will go fast.

Tianna said...

The pro's list is longer. I didn't intend it to be that way, but I'm kinda happy it did. I feel that time is going alittle to fast for me right now. In about a month I'll have a new little baby! Wow!

Nicole said...

Chicken cravings? That's weird.

Tianna said...

Yeah. I think I could eat chicken almost every meal of the day. It is a little strange, but at least it's tasty. :)