Only 6 Weeks and 1 Day left until my due date! I'm sooo grateful the time is going by so quickly. But, that also means I don't have much time to finish getting our house ready. We still haven't figured out where we're putting the crib, and I'm not sure when we will. Our house isn't set up the best for baby cribs, but I know we'll figure something out.
On a sightly different note, the birthing class we are taking is quite interesting. We watched a video on getting an epidural tonight and it has furthered my resolve not to get one. I have been practicing the HypnoBirthing method I plan to use during labor, so hopefully my preparation will pay off (pending no funny complications). Zacch has been wonderful throughout the pregnancy, so I'm sure his coaching abilities will be just as wonderful when that time finally arrives.
11 comments:
Yea. You are getting so close. I am excited too!! Take care and get lots of rest.
Yay!! So close! You'll get things figured out. Newborns aren't so fussy about their space at first, so don't sweat it. You're going to be awesome.
PS. My crib was in the dining room when I was brand new. Stick it where it fits.
I'm trying to sleep as much as I can! It's getting harder now that I'm getting bigger, but not to tragic.
We may end up putting the crib in the dining room, or the living room. That way we don't have to worry about walking up and down stairs.
I'm impressed that you want to go without the epidural. I went through all 6 of my labors totally natural and I'm so glad I did! I wouldn't change a thing. It's hard, but so worth it.
That has been the consensus I've had from just about all the other women I've talked to who went through labor unmedicated. Most say that it's hard work, but was very fulfilling for them.
Yes, and you recover much quicker too. It's the old "work before pleasure" concept, the labor is a lot of hard work, but then when its over you can really enjoy your baby without waiting for the effects of the medication to wear off.
Actually, this is an area that I can really get on my soap box about, but I will spare you for now.:)
Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog! We are in Neenah. Are you still in the Appleton ward? How exciting that you are having a baby! Email me jeanne.grossarth@gmail.com and we can get together sometime!
Annette, not having to wait for the effects of the medication to wear off is one reason why I don't want any. I want to be able to really experience time with my baby right away. Not that some women can't do that with an epidural, but I want to be able to have the choice to move if I want to.
It's wonderful your family is back in the area Jeanne!! We will definitely have to get together sometime soon.
Congratulations! I didn't know that you were expecting! How exciting!
Thank you Juli!
Post a Comment