I was looking out my back window one night a couple of months ago when I realized that...I'm a crazy woman. Why, might you ask? Because I miss the beauty of the night by trying my hardest not to notice, well, anything. The starry skies. The moon-lite trees casting their long shadows. The dew beginning to form on the vegetation. Again, why??
Because, I'm afraid of ghosts. Yes. I am terrified of them. I am down right scared to even chance "seeing" a ghost. I won't even look at myself in the night-light lite bathroom mirror if I need to get up to use the bathroom, for fear of "seeing" something that might be different in the reflection.
I am very aware that my fears are pretty silly, but I'm having the darnedest time convincing my brain that they are. I've had a couple of strange things happen to me in my young life, which includes being tormented by some neighborhood kids when I was really little, but you'd think that by now those things wouldn't affect me so much.
The night can be such a relaxing time. Maybe eventually I'll succeed at convincing myself I have nothing to fear. Until that time, I feel I'll miss so many wonderful things.
1 comment:
Oh I love the nights. Especially with a baby snuggled in my arms. I used to look forward to the night time wakings of my baby because it seemed it was the only time I ever got to cuddle without someone wanting to hold them.
Post a Comment