Thursday, December 25, 2008

Spending time with family at Christmas


Merry Christmas!!!

This Christmas has been a very blessed one indeed! Zacch and I spent some wonderful time with his side of the family yesterday. Many thoughts and enjoyments were shared, along with the candid comments of our 2 and a half year old niece Martha.
While opening gifts, she discovered that Grandpa had a knife, which could be used to open her toys. Once this was common knowledge, she promptly brought each newly unwrapped toy to him and said, "Grandpa, get your knife out!"
It was so hilarious to hear this small petite girl utter those words! Needless to say, Zacch and I really enjoyed our time there.
This morning was spent with my side of the family. While there are no small children involved, it was no less enjoyable. Everyone was able to make the festivities and take pleasure in the company of one another. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family! Hopefully there will be many more Christmases in which everyone will be able to make it. Who knows what future years will bring and what part of the country brothers and sisters will end up. So, it's always nice to enjoy the time while we can!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas and YES, enjoy your family around while you can. We went to Texas to Juli's home and only 10 of our children could make it. Have a happy new year.